Thursday, December 01, 2005

HOPE, FAITH AND FEAR

HOPE, FAITH AND FEAR
By-Daniel-©


Though we be apart,
we are but a heartbeat away.
I have come to share a Truth
upon this blessed day.
ــــــــــــــــــــــ

Alone I sat with Hope and Faith as the storm of Life
rained down upon the shelter of my house.
The howling winds screamed as the fury of lightning
set the darkened night afire with doubt;
and then came the dreaded knock of Fear upon my fastened door...

"Let me in!"

...Fear did demand as I huddled with
Hope in the shadows of my home.
And with Hope did I pray that Fear would
pass me by to vanish with the terror of that night.

But Fear refused to leave and viciously
continued to demand his way.
It was then that Faith stepped in,
took me by the hand and said...

"Fear will never leave with the prayers of Hope alone,
but with the courage of Faith shall he be forever
vanquished."

So I went forth with Faith to open my bolted door
and saw that Fear was nowhere to be found.

No comments:

Post a Comment